Trip to Russia. Trip to Mongolia. Trip to China.       EnglishRussian

 Main page   About us   Contact    Terms & Conditions   On-line Payment  Site map


Mongolian Visa Service. Here are all necessary information about visa of Mongolia. airport visa, mongolian group visa, invitation letter for mongolian visa, re-enter mongolian visa, visa price and regulations, mongolia visa application form




Currently, a 30-day tourist visa is easily obtained at any Mongolian consulate, consulate-general or honorary consulate. (Addresses and telephones of Mongolian Diplomatic representatives).

Follow the following steps and requirements to obtain a Mongolian visa from your nearest Mongolian Embassy:

  • One copy of visa application form is required for Mongolian visas
  • State clearly travel dates
  • A valid passport must be produced
  • For a group visa the Consular Section needs only passport of a tour leader and the rest of the clients should provide the following. (nationality, sex, date of birth, passport number, date of issue, date of expire)
  • 3 recent passport size photograph should be attached.
  • Self-addressed and registered Envelope is required in case visa applied by post.

All visas, except transit are issued by the Embassy. The normal time required for a visa to be processed is one week. But for a transit visa - 48 hours without any authorizations.

To get a visa for longer than 30 days, you must be invited or sponsored by a Mongolian, a foreign resident or a Mongolian company, or be part of an organized tour from a Mongolian or foreign travel agency.
If you absolutely cannot get to a Mongolian consulate, it is theoretically possible to get a 30-day tourist visa on arrival at Ulaanbaatar airport. To do this you will need an invitation from a Mongolian travel company. It's best that a representative from this company meets you at the airport on arrival to liaise with visa officials.
It is also theoretically possible to get a visa at the land entry points at Zamyn-Uud and Sukhbaatar train stations, though until this becomes common practice you are better off using this as a last resort only. For both land border visas and on-arrival airport visas you will need US$50 and two passport photos.

Polish citizens do not require visas for a stay of up to 90 days, Israeli and Malaysian citizens can stay visa-free for up to 30 days and Hong Kong and Singaporean citizens can stay visa-free for up to 14 days.


Standard tourist visas generally last 30 days from the date of entry and you must enter Mongolia within three months of issue. Visas normally take several days, or even up to two weeks, to issue. If you want your visas quicker, possibly within 24 hours, you will have to pay an "express fee", which is double the normal cost. If you want a tourist visa for longer than 30 days you will need to arrange for a travel agency to invite you. Your sponsor will need to know your full name; date and place of birth; country of citizenship; passport number, date and place of issue and expiry date; your date of arrival and departure; and a general itinerary. They must send your invitation to the Ministry of External Relations in Ulaanbaatar. If accepted, a copy will be sent from the ministry to your designated embassy or consulate, where you fill out a visa application form and hand over your cash. Try to get a copy of your invitation if possible.

If this seems too much hassle, remember that 30-day tourist visas are easily extendible by 30 days in Ulaanbaatar. The only snag is that you'll probably have to return to the capital to do this.

Multiple entry/exit tourist visas are usually only issued to foreign residents who do a lot of travel.

Mongolian honorary consulates can issue transit visas and non-extendable tourist visas but only for 14 days from the date of entry. Importantly, they often issue visas without requiring a sponsor or invitation. However, these visas are for entry only; they cannot issue normal entry/exit visas, so you will have to spend some of your precious time in Ulaanbaatar arranging an exit visa from the ministry.


These visas last 48 hours (sometimes 72 hours) from the date of entry. This will only allow you to get off the Trans-Mongolian train for a very short time before catching another train to Russia or China. A single entry/exit transit visa cannot be extended. You will need to show the train or plane ticket and a visa for the next country (Russia or China).


If you have a 30-day tourist visa you can extend it by another 30 days. If you are lucky and can rustle up an invitation letter you can theoretically extend it by a second 30 days, but this can be difficult. For extensions, go to the Ministry of External Relations, on Enkh Taivny Orgon Choloo; it is the gray building just south of Sukhbaatar Square. The consular department, where you will have to wrestle with the visa people, is at the back (enter from the southern door). The office is open weekdays from 9.30 am to noon.

You should apply for an extension about a week before your visa expires. It officially costs US$15 for the first seven days and a further US$2 per day for a maximum of 30 days (which therefore costs a total of US$61). You will need a passport-sized photo. It should take two or three days to process.


Transit and tourist visas are good for one entry and one exit (unless you have a double or multiple entry/exit visa). If you are working in Mongolia, or if you obtained your visa at an honorary consulate, you are usually issued a single-entry visa (valid for one entry only). In this case, another visa is required to leave the country. These visas are available from the Ministry of External Relations, involve the same procedures as an extension and cost US$20.


If you intend to stay in Mongolia for more than 30 days you must register with the police in Ulaanbaatar within 10 days of arriving in the country.

Registration is not difficult, but it can be a confusing process. You must go to the last room on the right on the 3rd floor of the Police Registration Office, officially known as the Citizens Registration and Information Bureau, about 1km north of the corner ofikh Toiruu and Erkhuugiin Gudamj, on the right-hand side of the road. Outside the building is a small sign that reads 'Government Council for Foreign Before you leave Mongolia you need to 'close' your registration, which means going back to the registration office to get a second stamp on your visa. If you don't register, or close your registration you are liable for a fine (theoretically from US$40 to US$75) when you leave the country.


If ever there was a country where you needed travel insurance, Mongolia is it. With the outdoor lifestyle, unpredictable weather and bad roads, accidents are not uncommon. Virtually no travel agency, hotel or ger camp in the whole country has any insurance, including public liability, so you will be liable for all costs incurred from any accident. If that is not enough, Air China or MIAT (Mongolian Airlines) may lose your luggage.

Some policies offer lower and higher medical-expense options; the higher ones are chiefly for countries such as the USA, which have extremely high medical costs. If you're a frequent traveller it's possible to get year-round insurance at reasonable rates. Agencies like Council Travel, Trail-finders, Flight Center and Campus Travel sell insurance along with tickets. There is a wide variety of policies available, so check the small print.

Some policies specifically exclude 'dangerous activities', which can include mountaineering, horse riding and even trekking. ' If these are on your agenda, ask about an amendment to permit some of them (at a higher premium).

Few, if any, medical services in Mongolia will accept your foreign insurance documents for payment; you'll have to pay on the spot, get receipts for everything, save all the paperwork, and claim later.

For Mongolia, a 'medivac' clause or policy, covering the costs of being flown to Beijing, Hong Kong or home for treatment, is essential: staying in a Mongolian hospital will probably only make you get worse.


Student cards are of little or no help in Mongolia, though some travelers have reported using them to get discounts on tines.


It's a good idea to carry a driver's license or any ID card with your photo on it - some embassies want this before issuing a replacement passport. Any document with your photo on it is a very useful alternative to handing over your passport to the hotel receptionist when you check in. If you are game enough to drive your own vehicle in the country, an international driving license is required.
If you're thinking about working in Mongolia, or anywhere else along the way, photocopies of university diplomas, transcripts and letters of recommendation could prove helpful - especially if translated into Mongolian. Also useful, though not essential, is an International Health Certificate to record your vaccinations.


All important documents (passport data page and visa page, credit cards, travel insurance policy, air/train tickets, driving license etc) should be photocopied before you leave home. Leave one copy with someone at home and keep another with you, separate from the originals.


Every traveler must fill in a customs declaration form which should be retained until departure. This allows the free import and re-export of articles intended for personal use for duration of stay. It is prohibited to import and export.

  • guns, weapons and ammunitions without special permission
  • explosive items
  • radioactive substance
  • opium, hashish and other narcotics
  • pornographic publications
  • publications, records, films and drawings against Mongolia
  • research materials, paleonthological and archaeological findings, collection of various plants and their seeds, birds, wild and domestic animals, wool, raw skins and hides and furs without permissions of appropriate Mongolian authorities.




- Visa to Mongolia

- Tourist invitation to Mongolia

- Addresses and telephones of Mongolian Diplomatic representatives

- Foreign embassies and consulates in Mongolia


- About Mongolia

- The state symbols of Mongolia

- Fact for visitor

- Geographical features 

- Climate

- History

- Population

- Language and writing

- Water reserve

- Flora and fauna

- Map of Mongolia


- Historical essentials of Mongolian culture

- Mongolian art and culture

- Mongolian script

- Mongolian music

- Fine art

- Mongolian theatre

- Mongolian dance

- Mongolian cinema

- National Circus


- Nomads cuisine

- Mongolian milk

- White food of the Mongol

- Mongolian ger

- Morin Khur

- Mongol Zurag New!!!

- Tsagaan sar

- Naadam festivale



MNT Rate


E.U (Euro)

Japan (Yen)



S.Korea (Won)

Currency data courtesy

Classic tours

Horse riding tours

Trekking tours

Short tours

Fishing tours

Automobile tours

Special tours

Mongolia - Baikal

Mongolia - China


General information

Facts for the visitors

Mongolian history

Mongolian art and culture

The regions of Mongolia

The maps of Mongolia 

Information for driver

Naadam festival

Fishing in Mongolia

Mongolia photo album


About Ulaanbaatar

Sights of interest

Ulaanbaatar museums

Ulaanbaatar monasteries

Art Galleries in Ulaanbaatar

Ulaanbaatar Suburbs


Train and plane time table 

- Ulaanbaatar train time table

- International flight time table

- Domestic flight time table

Hotels in Ulaanbaatar

Tourist camps in Mongolia

Mongolian visas.

Diplomatic representatives of Mongolia

The embassies in Mongolia


Accommodation booking 

- Hotel

- Home stay

- Tourist camp in Mongolia

Ticket booking

- Air ticket

- Train ticket

- Bus ticket

Visa support service

- Invitation to Mongolia

- Russian visa support

Other services 

- Guide service in Mongolia

- Transfer

- Reservation car in Mongolia

- Camping equipment